Sunday, September 19, 2004

Buddha and Nick are engaged! Congratulations. Just to talk to Buddha, you can hear the joy in her voice. I am so happy for her. She wants to be married so badly... and she is one step closer to her dream.

So, here's to dreams. As different as all of our dreams may be, here is to the hope that all of our dreams may come true... some day.

My dream : to be happy, to have fun, to be kind to others - even when every fiber in my being is wanting the opposite, and eventually to be kind naturally - without even thinking about it, to always want more... never to be satiated because in my heart of hearts, I think that is where true passion and ambition are formed... in that need for something else, something more.

As far as love and marriage and children and all that jazz - here is my only explanation. I think that love will come (and here I am, not as a hopeless romantic, but as a hopeful optimist) when I am least expecting it, and when the powers of life or God (whatever you may conceive him to be) find me ready. If it comes to marriage - I want THE ONE... why settle for less. Marriage is forever - or at least the 48 hours it takes in some states to get a divorce. :)

This is the best way I know to describe it: a shopping list.

I go to the grocery store with a list: bread, milk, eggs. Those are the things that I need. While I am there, quite unexpectedly, I see some chocolate cookies - and in that instant, I know that I simply cannot live without them. They weren't on the list, but when I saw them - I knew. Some girls have marriage on the list of things that must be done. It is a staple, utterly and completely necessary. For them, those "pleasant surprise" cookies were on the list.

So, to our dreams - whether they are on that list or not.... may we keep that child-like splendor that keeps our hopes alive and our dreams so close. May that distance between our reality and our dreams fade until the two have merged.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home