Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I took my four year old nephew to Lights of the South tonight. It's 10 acres of Christmas lights. It's really wonderful. Santa is there. You can go on a hayride through all of the lights. There are all of these little hot chocolate vendors and all of these little classic village houses that serve as playhouses for the kids and as the concession stands. It's really very cute. The little kids can even ride in a little train that I think is made from golf carts, but I can't be sure... an engineer, I am not. It was precious.

Bowen is really excited about Christmas and he looked at me with the kind of awe, wonder, and honesty that only a child can have and he told me, "I know where we are! We are at the North Pole". It would have been so wrong to tell him the truth. Grovetown, GA may not be the North Pole, but there is a little blonde haired boy who is fast asleep and he is convinced that he went to the North Pole tonight and Santa was there. He saw Santa's house and the workshop where the toys are made and he saw all of the lights and all the magic of Christmas. How could it not be the North Pole?

It was one of those completely precious evenings and I can see myself looking back on when I am old... older than I am now and smiling. When Bowen is a grownup, he will remember going to the North Pole when he was a little boy. I loved that.

So needless to say, this one little adventure has certainly cranked my spirit up a notch. Perhaps tomorrow I will bake Christmas cookies and watch Christmas Vacation.... maybe.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home