Friday, February 27, 2004

I pick up the Gamecock and I get a reality check on two levels. First off, Mike Witkoski died. He was an awesome professor that I have recommended to tons of people looking for a good Journalism professor.... I took his PR course back in the days when i thought I was going to be the next Connie Chung (minus that one episode of hers... and the whole Asian thing).... and as fleeting as some of my majors have been.... I remembered Witkoski.... super super nice guy and a great prof. I will be at his funeral on Saturday.

On a second level... an Apt complex near Clemson burned to the ground leaving a hundred students homeless. our fire at Bates West was minor with no injuries. Thank God for that.

I have some beef with the Gamecock.... but as we now say, "I dont know what the beef is between you two, but you had better grill it up and eat it". They published a story last week so inaccurate that it was clearly irresponsible journalism, and the retraction was only minimal. but today, I am glad they paid tribute to a great man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home