Thursday, September 11, 2008


It's a bleak anniversary. I hate that. Remembering something awful. Something too awful to forget. Something you shouldn't forget.


I remember September 11th 2001. It would have been a really average day at USC.... I was going to my computer class in Swearingen with the professor with the fucked up shoes and I passed my brother on the street and he told me a second plane had hit the WTC.


They have been playing all kinds of 9/11 documentaries this month. I watched United 93 and cried like a bitch. It was just so awful. I can't fully comprehend the tragedy.... that profound sorrow. People jumping... I can't imagine having that kind of courage to choose your fate. Burn? Be crushed? or free fall for a few seconds? The absolute terror. It makes my stomach hurt.


So, I found this picture in all the 9/11 stuff floating on the web. It's hopeful. I like that. I am not religious... not churchy in the least, but I have faith in things greater than myself. Sometimes having faith is the hard part.... especially in the event of tragedies... but I digress.
So, a funny story... that relates. Ok, so when I was back at USC, I was in my dorm, Bates West, in the laundry room. There was a tv in there that you could see from the hall. So the tv is on the History channel. And it's showing a scene of tall buildings being bombed and pancaking much like the towers. This is post 9/11 mind you. This was some time around 2002/2004. Ok, so Jimmy walks past the entry to the laundry room then bolts back inside the room.... looking at the tv saying "OMG WHAT"S HAPPENING!!!???" It cracked me the fuck up. I mean, the shit was in black and white - classic history channel material here. It was awesome. I did laugh my ass off. Granted, I should have cut him some slack. He was actually in NY on the true 9/11. ;)
So there's some humor. I'm afradi that is about all you get on this topic. There is really nothing much you can say about assholes flying planes into buildings. But watching United 93, I have to admit... those people were a hell of a lot braver than me and you cant help but be really fucking proud of them. Damn.... that really must have sucked.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home