Tuesday, September 02, 2003

This weekend.....

Eddie was buried, but we all laughed a lot and remembered him and enjoyed him. Things are as they should be... memory is rich, but our lives are moving on. Eddie would want that.

Best time ever Friday night. I LOVE Savannah. Let me just say that I have had an insanely stellar tour guide which has prompted me to enjoy the city. :) We went to Wet Willies and I had a drink called "call a cab" .... then we walked down river street more and over to like bay street. Eventually, we ended up at this amazingly precious lil jazz bar. We stayed there until 3:30am.

We were walking back to the truck, and passed by Tomachichi's grave. We had taken a field trip to see it back in elementary school.... funny how you remember those ironic lil details. Well, I end up receiving an amazing tour of some of the squares in the heart of Savannah. One had an amazing lil fountain. How precious is that to see at nearly 4am... when all the city should be sleeping, but many are just walking by hurriedly.

We ended up at the beach. I know, I know... how amazing. Who takes ya to the beach anymore? A damn fine tour guide, that's who! ;) It is awesome to see total darkness come to life as the light just spills over everything. That-- and of course mistaking trashcans and such for people. Hey, it was dark. I also thought this one guy was naked. He was wearing tan shorts, no shirt... well his white t-shirt was in his hand.... I really thought it was a towel and he was like a 6am streaker. but no, he was wearing khaki shorts or some shit and was not in effect, exposing himself. I got home at 7am and was back up by 9.

Sometimes.... sleep deprivation is well earned. Clearly, this was one of those times. Amazing night. Overall, a weekend to remember.

Oh, he comes back over on like saturday afternoon. My mom says "what are you thinking keeping my daughter out until 7am... " He says "It wasnt me... it was the Rangers!" hahaha :)

My tour guide is supposed to come to columbia this weekend. We have no beach... so I am not gonan take him for a midnight view of the lake murray dam.... i think 5 points is in order.... after FallOut of course. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home