Monday, October 06, 2003

We set ourselves up to do or want or be bad things.... and it's a vicious vicious cycle because in all honesty... the bad things translate into fun things.... and fun is all we need. So, I go through the motions of dilligence, and I fake it the whole fucking way... under that textbook is a good book, and in that glass of koolaid is some everclear and a room full of friends surround me.... and so you pole dance with a palm tree, and you slowly watch all the good in you become better and society exclaim that it's bad.

I love that little twist in it all. Even in moments of extreme innocence... all the fun things are labeled bad... and that blows... but bring on the bad --- it is a GOOD place to be.

So.,... I had a point here. We aim for bad realtionships that promise fun and very little more than that.... and we engage in activities that pretty much promise the same... and we relish those and fight for them.... and it's a funny proposition because in the end.... all you had was a little fun and more hurt than you cared for....potentially... and if not for you than for the others involved. And it could be a nice equation... a really nice equation, if all parties involved could just understand that fun is fun is fun and no strings are attached. Why strive for long term when you can just enjoy the right now of the situation? The answers to that question will never cease to amaze me.

As dazed and confused as I am.... confused in the sense that I know exactly what I want, but have little to no idea of how to go about getting it, I am signing off for the day --- retreating to a world of textbooks and prepackaged greetings... a very comfy place to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home