Friday, December 12, 2003

I think it is safe to say that I suffer from Houseman-Castle Syndrome. If you recall "Dirty Dancing" Francis Houseman (Baby) (Pre-nose-job-Jennifer-Grey)fell in lust with Johnny Castle, the (Dapper Dan greasy headed --- yet oddly attractive) dance instructor rebel. I realized that perhaps I saw this movie too many times and was deeply affected by it. Please note the similarities.

Baby ---- was planning to major in Economics of Underdeveloped Countries
Yours Truly -- Econ major and Mktg Major

Coincidence, I think NOT!

Baby --- went after the "bad" boy. He wore the black leather jacket, was painfully cute, bouncing from job to job, town to town, woman to woman, and he was clearly older than her.

Yours Truly-- goes after the "bad" boy. They wear the black leather jackets and "get ink done"... I do not shy away from the piercings either. Some have bounced from menial job to menial job...some I meet in one town, some in another.... some in another state for that matter (Hello, Rincon, Ga!). And yes, oh a sad fact we know and love.... I like older boys.... I cant help it... the current age range I consider attractive is 29-39 with a few exceptions.

SCARY ISN'T IT!!!

See, baby's friends would shit if they saw her with the Dancing Queen.... expecting her to date a prep, etc.... but oh no.... one look at his merenge and she was hooked.
Granted, i have never known a guy who could honestly dance well.... with the exception of shagging.


Another point on this movie.... you remember the "lift" scene at the end.... Here. let me refresh your memory.... Baby is lifted from the stage to the floor by some trailer park stage hands/ back up dancers.... she run run runs over to johnny... leaps and boom.... he holds her up above his head like they are on a charades team and they drew "the letter T". Ok, if I was in a club, and I saw someone do that shit.... i would seriously die laughing. ... it is cool for Kellerman's.... but lets be honest.... in reality, if you are not in a ballroom dance competition, the lifts are gonna make you look like a douchebag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home