Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm old.

This is a sad realization when you are only 24. Today I am saying "only 24" to feel young... a week ago I was saying, "damn. i feel 18... but I am fucking 24 years old". Well, reality set in... it happened... I was brushing my hair... and I found that yes, oh yes, indeed... I am a 24 year old with gray hair. I dropped the brush in the sink and stared in the mirror for the longest time. Before I know it, my ass and boobs are going to start sagging.... and I will not longer be fucking senior citizens as a service to the community, but because we have so much in common. I love to watch The Golden Girls... but I dont want to be one! It's funny... the way we equate gray hair with being old.... much like we equate blond highlights to summer. It was as if I was watching the youthful days of my life flash before me... one bar crawl after another... the men were rolling in and out of my bed like they were candies in a Pez dispenser... and then I picked up the brush.... kept brushing my hair and continued to stare into the mirror.... and this time, I was smiling... because, well.. I look damn good for an old bitch!

have a wonderful evening everyone. good night, moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home