Tuesday, November 23, 2004

in all honesty, i like the way the world can go all topsy turvy on you in an instant. Imagine how absolutely boring it would be if every day was the same thing... I love the movie Pleasantville and it would be a dream to live in that world of the black and white tv sitcom, but on a greater level.... the movie makes a great statement. There are things that are better than perfection.

"I know you want it to stay ´Pleasant´ around here, but, there are so many things that are so much better: like Silly... or Sexy... or Dangerous... or Wild... or Brief... And every one of those things is in you all the time if you just have the guts to look for them." -- Pleasantville (David)

Silly - I live for it.
Sexy - This is the ultimate. Whether it is a dress or those strappy new Fall Cole Haans... or a person... or a perfume... Sexy is absolutely electrifying (this is too true and borderline scary for seth cough*horrible pain*cough)
Dangerous - anyone who has ever ridden with me has come to know this one well.
Wild - a great one!!
Brief - childhood wouldn't be so wonderful if it lasted all our life. I never appreciated it when I had it, the same thing with my days in high school and then college. The brevity of the situation hosts the nostalgia.

I really love "Pleasantville". If you haven't seen it - by all means, rent the fucker. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home