Saturday, November 06, 2004

It seems that we live in a world ripe with possibilities, but with all of these options and opportunities; how do we finally turn off that inherent indecisive gene? Do we simply ignore the alternatives and choose one option or is really possible to have our cake and eat it too?

Take restaurants, for example. There is such a wide variety out there. But be honest, haven't you already narrowed the field down to a chosen few that you really visit often. Movies are another one of these endless oceans of options. We can choose a movie based on the story line or the actors. Don't you have a favorite genre already and an actor you love coupled with a list of the ones you hate.

CSI. Vegas is , by far, the best. I never was able to get into CSI: Miami because I hate David Caruso. Granted, I dont know him personally, but I saw him in an interview once and he was an arrogant "I'm so hot and successful" type. SO, with three helpings of a show that I love, I have reduced the options down to just one.

Men. Now, men are interesting. Well, several of them are. But here, unlike the food and the movies and the soft drinks and the music and clothes, I am utterly indecisive. I can't make a decision to save my life. Love is one area where too many options is a bad thing.... at the time. Date more than one man and you are considered a "cheater" or loose. Marry more than one man and boom - you are a mormon. ;) Deciding where a realtionship exists is a delicate situation as well. How invested are you? Is it casual? Is it more than casual but not quite serious? These terms and definitions are murky at best.

And once you have discovered the state of affairs... how do you decide what you really want? And more than anything.... how to shape your mind and heart around the idea that you might not be cut from the exact cloth you thought you were.

So I am left wondering.... how do you determine if a realtionship exists, how much should you invest in it, and how can you tell if the bank is FDIC insured?

ahhh.... it is late and I am rambling.

I made Crystal prank call Randy with phone sex.... only she misdialed the number and ended up chatting with a very nice fellow named Jeremy. LMFAO. now that was some funny shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home