Monday, December 13, 2004

I am allergic to Penicillin. I know, I know, this is not like a newsflash or anything... and I know millions of other people share the allergy.... but - when I take PCN, my tongue, neck, and face swell up - big. This happened when I had mono at USC. They misdiagnosed me and put me on PCN for Strep. Well, the next morning I woke up and Anita and Eric were laughing at me. My tongue swole up to HUGE and gave me a lispy speech impediment... which I acknowledge was funny as shit. So how does this relate to now?

Well, I saw "Dr. Vegas" on Friday and he put me on an antibiotic called Avelox. He warned me that there was a chance that I would have a reaction to it... and if I did, since the PN alergy is umm "life threatening", that I should go to the emergency room. Imagine that, "Dr. Vegas" sending someone to the emergency room. LMFAO.

Anyway, I am in pain. I am not your run of the mill wimp or anything either.... but I am in pain. My jaw is aching... eating is a chore... so I feel like a kid at Fat Camp for the summer. My ear is KILLIN me... and I finally picked up my new ear drops... some that are actually in date lmfao. Anyway, I am driving home... and as I turn the wheel... my arms kinda falls in my lap. It feels "heavy"... like after your arm falls asleep but before it starts tingling... just that kinda dead and heavy feeling..... well, I notice that my hand is HUGE. So, I am swelling... but just my right hand and wrist... it is really weird... and now I am all afraid its the Avelox. It happened when I woke up this morning too..,.., and the day before.... but I just thought I had like fallen asleep on it or something.... but I hadn't... and I have bursts of SOB during the day... so I am using the inhaler...

So.... I am hurting... wasted a weekend with a heating pad strapped to my cheek. So, if the blog quits being updated.... it just means that I swole up and died. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home