Saturday, April 01, 2006

I know I havent done this in a while.... but here I go - pasting some snippets of lyrics that I am loving at this moment.... whew, its been a late night. :)

*an oldie... by a HOTTIE*
The rain falls where it wants to
The wind blows where it will
Everything on earth goes somewhere
But I swear we're standin' still
So I'm not going to wake you
I'll go easy on your heart
I'll just touch your face and drift away
Like smoke rings in the dark

*oldie but goodie... all new and shiny again*
So you sailed away
into a grey sky morning
Now, I'm here to stay,
love can be so boring
Was it what you wanted?
Could it be I'm haunted?
But it's not so bad
You're only the best I ever had
You don't want me back
You're just the best I ever had.

* a lil NIck Drake for ya* God I love NIck Drake
Who can knowWhat happens in her mind
Did she come from a strange world
And leave her mind behind
Her long lost sighsAnd her brightly coloured eyes
Tell her story to the wind.

* a lil more, you say? ;) *
Safe in the womb
Of an everlasting night
You find the darkness can
Give the brightest light.
Safe in your place deep in the earth
That's when they'll know what you were really worth.
Forgotten while you're here
Remembered for a while
A much updated ruin
From a much outdated style.

God, I LOVE Nick Drake. I really recommend listening to absolutely as much of his stuff as possible. He has an amazing voice.... and he sang amazing songs... I know I have ranted about him before... but... honestly... there is so much more to the volume of his work than the goddam postmortem Volkswagon commercials... pink moon, my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home