Saturday, February 01, 2003

Last night is one of those nights that will be immortal. It will live on far beyond our short life spans... or at least the energy of it will. We went to this hole in the wall bar on Broad River for a little karaoke. Now, I will be honest... we all suck... and I mean even the really drunk people thought we sounded bad. It should have been embarrassing, but then again, we have no shame. Buddha and I sang "Sweet Caroline", I sang "Who WIll Save Your Soul", and Buddha, Delacie, James, and I sang "Piano Man". We drank, sang, laughed, and danced.

James was quite the casanova with the ladies if I do say so myself. I have come to realize that I LOVE karaoke! This week, between work, classes, and DG, I am gonna practice some stuff for this Friday night. I am all about some karaoke. It is amazingly fun.

I have to sit back now though and smile. I realize that the world lies at our fingertips and all you really have to do is reach up a little ways to grasp it. Most of us are too scared to lean up a little. Like perhaps we envision that opportunity as a hot iron or something destined to bring pain, but I have honestly found that 99 percent of the rejection we fear is only a reality in our minds. You are 10 times as marvelous as you think you are. Sometimes, it takes a while to realize that... and even longer to believe in it.... but when you do.... odds are good you will be on stage at a cheap dirty little bar singing something that vaguely resembles a Jewel cover... and looking over at your table of friends and seeing them smiling and clapping and loving you for you. Now, that is the best feeling in the world.... that is the feeling that makes you want to lean up and extend those fingers and steal every ounce of that moment and venture farther into the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home