Friday, September 12, 2003

I am pissed off. I have already added this in more of an essay format to the rants section.... but it is plaguing me now.... so here goes...

Training... they wanted to instill in us the idea that it is expected for us to be awesome... innovative, creative... responsive to the needs of residents.... they told us to be original... to break the caging molds.... I was honestly somewhat inspired.

Now, I look back at that and see those ideals were just words. they sounded good... hell they sounded GREAT Be inventive... Do something great this year. i forgot to read the fine print that read "when following our agenda" an agenda, I might add that is misguided.

They force us to use a form of technology that is virtually worthless. They make us use it .... in our classes in our jobs. It is stupid... it is outdated as hell... even after the most recent revamp. the worst part is that their new crusade for this campus wide system internet based network is that it isnt used.... so lets stir up some MANDATORY usage. The goal si to find a way to inform the technologically advanced student body.... only the technologically advanced student body hates blac--- ehh, I mean "this".

I can even tolerate that.... what I cannot tolerate is that I am supposed to spread messages of good will adn encourage others to use this while I smile and say hwo much I love it. that, honestly, i refuse to do. Because that takes away doing something great and being innovative. I would rather lose my job that be a sell out to this new "regime". It is so militant.... lol

I will not endorse something I hate to use and clearly do not believe in. I just wont do it. I know that marketing is my major.... so i could sell it.... but I wouldnt.... marketing may be my major..... but ethics hold a dear place with me.... once you lose that..... all else is lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home